[meteorite-list] New Canadian Meteorite for sale

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 17:14:01 -0500

Hi All,

  I would have responded earlier but our Internet connection was not the
best. We just flew in from Canada today. What is a fair price per
gram? I would say it is up to the individuals that took the time and
effort to get out in the field to do the recovery work. I knew before
leaving home that if we were lucky enough to find any material that we
would have to leave it in Canada and go through the proper channels to
obtain this legally. Most of the area where the fall took place has
been locked up with NO TRESPASSING signs posted. We were fortunate
enough to negotiate a deal with the owners of some private property. We
have been told the chances of any material leaving Canada with a permit
is almost impossible. How nice would it be to have a new Canadian
meteorite from a witnessed fall with proper documentation? This is my
first time to pick up a meteorite as fresh as this. You can almost rub
off the fusion crust and the interior is bright white. I will have a
picture showing the interior of the meteorite posted within the next
couple of days. So lets keep our fingers crossed to have these
meteorites in the U.S.A within 6 months to a year. I was thinking about
playing a joke on Mccartney and placing a meteorite in his backpack to
see if he could make it through customs and once we made it into the
U.S.A telling McCartney "Hey half of the meteorite is mine!" Just
teasing.

Thanks,
Sonny