[meteorite-list] Ad New Canadian Meteorite for sale

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 14:47:19 -0800 (PST)

Steve, I am sorry, but your comment than they wont make profit at $50 or even $100 gram made me almost fall out of my chair! Lets see, a kilo at $50 gram = $50,000.
Lets say half goes to the landowner, $25000.00
Plane ticket to Edmonton/Calgary/Saskatoon, all three less than $1000 if I want to go today. Rental car for a week, $500.00
Hotels and food for a week, another $800.00.
Time, say $2500.00
other expenses, say another $1000

Still leaves over $18000.00 free.
Please, what you are saying about values can be true, but lets not get retarded here. At that price some real money will be made for a week in the field. I should know, I have enough international hunts, and this one would be about the cheapest one out there.
They deserve it, no question there, just dont try and say no profit will be made, that is a joke I have to call you on.

International FALL chases I have done so I think I know about trip expedition expenses.
Kendrapara, India
Thuathe, Lesotho x 2
Bensour, Morocco
Bilanga, Burkina Faso X 2