[meteorite-list] Ad New Canadian Meteorite for sale

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 18:36:50 -0800 (PST)

I am not sure the discussion really centers on their asking price of $50.00 gram. It sort of morphed from Canadian Government buying price to retail price, to initial price etc. Someone suggested a piece be sold on eBay to set the price. Well, that was done with Cali and Puerto Lapice, and the price was very high. But eBay will never set a price. Show me 50 Sikhote-Alin auctions and I will show you 50 different gram prices for Sikhote-Alin.
My part in this is simply to sort of separate why some recent falls set record prices, and others seem to be down to earth, and where the Canada fall will likely end up. I sure do hope there is a lot, I want to find some and sell some and buy some, and the more material, the better for all. Canada can be happy, there will be room for both scientists and collectors to get their fill.

Michael Farmer