[meteorite-list] Geology.com Monthly Meteorite Column - December

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 15:18:18 -0700

Dear Listees:

The December episode of my monthly science column "Meteorwritings" is
live on Geology.com:

http://geology.com and click on the Imilac photo

-- or --

http://geology.com/meteorites/value-of-meteorites.shtml

December's feature is a guide to buying and collecting meteorites,
aimed primarily at the novice. However, we took a set of a brand new,
original photographs for the column, and I'd particularly like to
invite you to view the 1.3 kg Sikhote-Alin with natural hole. Has to
be one of the best I've ever seen.

As always, comments are gratefully received. As the primary purpose of
this column is to introduce meteorites and meteorite collecting to a
general audience, I'd also welcome suggestions for future column
topics that might appeal to a geologically-minded readership. The
January column will be about impactites, so we've already got that one
covered.

Thank you for reading and best wishes from Tucson,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
www.campometeorites.com