[meteorite-list] eBay's Spyware and Cookies

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 15:50:30 -0700

Serious security holes are increasingly rare, and increasingly being fixed
before exploits appear. They don't represent a very big threat for people
who keep their systems up-to-date and exercise a bit of common sense. In the
context of this discussion, I am doubtful in the extreme that eBay is
exploiting an unknown security hole to download software to their users'
computers.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory