[meteorite-list] NEW Chinese meteorite fall, Hammerstone!

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:40:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello list, after a trying day, I have happier news to
announce.

On April 12th, 2008 at 4:50 pm in Zunhua city, China,
a single meteorite fell through a house roof and did
serious damage to the home.

I have pieces of this new fall already in the air, and
will have them in my hands within 48 hours.

Hanno Strufe from Germany contacted me while I was in
Argentina, informing me about the new fall and telling
me that I should go to China. That was not possible at
the time, or neccesary since I have very good contacts
in China who were already enroute to the fall site.

Unfortunately nearly all but a couple of hundred grams
were confiscated by the local government, and what few
pieces the woman maganaged to keep, she sold to
various people who came to her home. The meteorite is
being studied in China.
I am getting all of 62 grams. It seems that might be
all that is going to come out, although I just sent a
lot of money to China to try and buy anything
possible, including the rooftop. My man is there now,
so we will see what we can do.

Anyway, thanks to Hanno, he is the man, the one who
got the news before anyone else.

See the pictures of this new "hammer" meteorite at the
following link.

Michael Farmer

          http://meteoriteguy.com/chinafall.htm