[meteorite-list] New Meteorite/Norton book on the way!

From: mexicodoug at aim.com <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:42:38 -0400

Hi Norton et. al. meteorite book fans,

Just to clarify, I was following in Mike's footsteps on this one ...
just saw Pete's post and my trigger finger was at the keyboard to save
anyone from paying the monopolistic publishers double (of which the
author usually sees not a cent more).

Also, for Europeans the book is up to triple this cost from European
vendors. You can order from Amazon too at $25.05 and the shipping
takes a couple of weeks but will only be US $3.99 for shipping. I am
sure Mike covered that too, but just following it up for good measure.

Darren, if you want one-time promotions, you can have the book free
 from Amazon.com and the'll even pay you $5 in credit as a tip (in the
USA). Just sign up instantly for their no annual fee credit card (and
then cancel it later free if you want). I don't go much for these sort
of promotions, but if you like that here it is. I have to admit Jeff
B. was my classmate one year and he's always impressed me since he got
Ursula as a girlfriend - especialy since he was younger :), this guy
really walked on water so it is no wonder that Amazon.com is so
incredible for what it is. He doesn't follow the eBay model of nickel
and diming - just the opposite exerting downward pressure on prices.

If you already pre-ordered on Amazon and find a better deal somewhere
else, you can always cancel with Amazon and take Darren's suggestion
 from Best Buy. My experience with Best Buy has been if the difference
is a few pennies, they are not worth it due to poor customer service.
If Amazon lowers the price which is possible, they'd automatically give
you the overage back and you don't lift a finger. Do you think Best
Buy would do that ;) I got a pair of binoculars from them, this is an
international trip for me, and takes all day. I couldn't get back
until the 15th day to return the super defective binoc, ha! they said,
nope 14-days, tough beans (I was 4 hours into the 15th day after eing
delayed at the border). Now mail order with them isn't worth the $1.00
to me.

Best wishes
Doug