[meteorite-list] Smithsonian Collection pieces, SALE NOTICE

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:13:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,
Two weeks ago (when Berduc fell) I was in Washington
DC, completing a large exchange which took me one and
a half year to complete.

Tonight I plan to begin selling some of the specimens
off. With the recent discussions about authenticity,
documentation, historical references, provenance etc,
fresh on your minds, please note that these pieces are
DOCUMENTED as having come from the US National Museum
collection.

I will keep most of what I got, but have some pieces
of the following meteorites which will be up for
grabs, all will have copies of the labels (for those
which had them) and all will have a copy of the
exchange agreement to prove where they come from. The
buyers need to keep that for their records, and pass
copies along with any sales of the same material. I
learned a lot from the discussion, and will strive to
keep much better documentation for all material I get
that is non-NWA.

Pieces that will be up for grabs tomorrow:

Bruderheim fragments, most with fusion crust.

Mocs, I got 14 small stones, I will sell 6 of them.

Estherville nuggets (I will sell one or two depending
on demand).

Bondoc mesosiderite fragments. I also have several cut
nodules, but they need to be re-polished.

Holbrook (I got 111 small complete stones, the usual,
all under 5 grams, none with labels as they were all
from one box and under one number, but the exchange
agreement proves where they came from).

and last but not least,
 Murray Kentucky, CM2 fall. The Smithsonian has most
of this rare meteorite fall, and they did not want to
give any up. Only through begging and groveling on the
floor did I manage to get 48 grams of fragments. They
want to keep it all because of it's incredible
scientific value and were not happy to let any of it
go.

These will be first come, first served, so if you have
your heart set on something, you can call me now.
These will not be cheap, but the documentation and
fact that they are from the Smithsonian Collection
means that the provenance is impeccable.

Michael Farmer