[meteorite-list] Pronouncing Willamette and other meteoritenames

From: ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:04:31 +0100

Two Welsh meteorites...try pronouncing these...!!!

'Beddgelert'...went through the pub roof in 1949 (think the 'dd' is
pronounced 'th')
and...
'Pontllyfni' 1931 (the 'llyf' is pronounced as a kind if slurred 'cclif'
sound )

Details here...history of Welsh meteorites

http://brynjones.members.beeb.net/wastronhist/meteorites.html

Regards

Graham Ensor, UK