[meteorite-list] Fwd: Meteoritical Society Membership

From: mexicodoug at aim.com <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 12:45:28 -0400

Mike M. wrote:?
"Hi everyone, I guess I have completely missed this organization. What
are the benefits of joining? I am guessing they don't have a
representative here on the list?"?
?
Hello Mike,?
?
The Meteoritical Society is the society founded by Nininger and Leonard
and publishes scientific journals, including as a footnote, the
Meteoritical Bulletin. The MB is where meteorite classifications are
approved by the Nomenclature committee of the Meteoritical Society. The
former head of the NomCom is on the list (Dr. Grossman), and many list
members are also members of the Met Soc.?
?
The benefits of joining? You get MAPS, the journal of Meteoritics and
reduces rates on another.?
?
As for 'representatives' on the list, well some are here,?
?
check out their website on www.meteoriticalsociety.org and you can see
who ...?
?