[meteorite-list] Zulu Queen, MCcartney Taylor etc

From: Mike Bandli <fuzzfoot_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:05:57 -0700

Hi Bob,

Your meteoritical problems are self-inflicted. If you would have said 'I do
not wish to reveal my source,' then I probably would have accepted that
answer. Instead, you lied to me and other collectors. Lying about provenance
casts doubt and doubtful material is near-worthless and should not be
re-sold. In my opinion, lying about provenance is an offense that sits just
below selling bogus material. In a business and hobby that rely much on
trust, casting doubt is one of the worst offenses one can portray and has a
domino effect on all collectors/dealers involved.

The initial investigation in your claim that your material came from UCLA
was not brought on by me. You happened to lie to 'the wrong person' who had
extremely close ties with UCLA.

Put yourself in my shoes. What would you have done if I had lied to you
instead? Nothing? Or do you care enough about this business/hobby to pursue
the truth?

Bob Evans said: "Why dont you send it to an accredited lab and see what they
have to say instead of attacking me."

Your statement makes no sense. I should destroy a specimen to be tested as a
result of your lies?

Bob Evans said: "So, why am I being singled out?"

You aren't. If another dealer lied to me then I would pursue the truth with
haste. I had nothing against you until YOU gave me reason to doubt.

My poke at you on the list was a result of a hypocrisy that you have
perpetuated by pointing out the lies of others on eBay, and yet still lying
to your own customer. Another list member put it into better words and I
quote: "It has often been said that the things that upset a person the most
about others are the problems they see within themselves."

You have sold thousands of dollars worth of Zulu Queen. The least you can do
is remove any doubt by revealing the real provenance. Do the right thing,
Bob. Until then, my $500 worth of Zulu Queen is as good as unclassified.

Let me also present some facts about Zulu Queen:

-TKW of Zulu is 200 grams
-UCLA doesn't posses any Zulu Queen
-IOM currently holds ~70 grams.
-Jim Schwade holds an uncut full slice of 46 grams.
-IOM confirmed no recent exchanges of Zulu Queen and considered it one of
there most coveted meteorites.

I will end this email by quoting the Honorable Judge Judy Scheindlin: "If it
doesn't make sense, then it probably isn't true."

Kind regards,
?
Mike Bandli
?