[meteorite-list] Zulu Queen, MCcartney Taylor etc

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:35:55 -0700

Hello Pete,
I admit that it does sound as though he (McCartney) is in the right,
but all the same...there's a reason they give people the benefit of
the doubt in court, and I see no reason why we should condemn someone
(in this case, Bob) when there is still a chance that he may be
innocent.
The way I see it, if we know more, we can resolve this to a greater
degree, and come to a more conclusive decision as a group than we
would otherwise. The trouble in the past has been, in my opinion,
that people get caught up in the
- he cheated me
-- no, he cheated me
argument that too little evidence comes out and others never see what
was actually done. I think it's high time we started making it clear
as a community that such actions will -not- be accepted, at all.
I believe that this should be resolved with such certainty that the
wrongdoer be banned from the IMCA, banned from the list, kept from
being accepted by all and any within the 'world of meteorites' by
those who are truly a part of it, because there should be no place in
such a hobby for one who lies, cheats, or steals.
Especially when -we- have the power to make this such a safe place.
Or am I wrong?
Regards,
Jason