[meteorite-list] Howardite Sale

From: Ken Regelman <arn1200_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:05:02 -0500

I am offering the complete 860g main mass of NWA2853 for one low price .
This week only $ 5,100 plus shipping It will nrver be lower than this !!
>From my home page is the write up done by Ted Bunch seen below .
Any questions please Email me off the list .....Thank you Ken Regelman /
ARN

 Northwest Africa 2853 complete main mass of 860g $15,999

  Found 2005
  Howardite

A 860g and a 140g fully crusted and lightly weathered stone were purchased
in Erfoud, Morocco.
Description and classification (T. Bunch and J. Wittke, NAU): dark gray,
highly shocked howardite
with a heterogeneous distribution of diogenite fragments that tend to be
large (2 to 9 mm in dia.).
 Diogenite modes for 3 thin sections give 0, 9, and 15 vol. %. Eucrites have
a fine- to coarse-grained
size range and consist of subophitic and cumulate textured basalts. Host
pigeonite,
 Fs45.3-51.7Wo5.8-9.0, FeO/MnO = 29-33; exsolution lamellae, Fs33.6-
39.4Wo19.0-25.4.
Diogenite orthopyroxenes, Fs22.6-25.6 Wo1.8-2.3, FeO/MnO = 24-27;
plagioclase, An89-94.3.
Most pyroxenes recrystallized into small, polygonal aggregates; plagioclase
melted,
although original grain boundaries are preserved (shocked beyond maskelynite
stability range),
and crystallized into fine-grained fibrous to radiating textures.
Specimens: type sample, 22 g, NAU; main mass, Regelman.

Kenneth Regelman
http://www.meteorites4sale.net/
WA0FAA