[meteorite-list] By Popular Demand................

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:46:03 +0200

> Now lets see which one of my "Colleagues" will follow suit and publish
> his sources too.

Probably not many will do, as long as they are more or less at the dealer?s end of the line. It is all a matter of perspective. While I personally think this is a very good idea, and would encourage you to continue this way, I am looking at it from the viewpoint of a private collector (!) only, and not from the viewpoint of a dealer or part-time-dealer. There is no disadvantage for a collector to know about the provenance of a specimen - just the opposite is true. Then again it may be a bit more complicated from a dealer?s perspective, as Martin and Matt have already pointed out with their arguments. Time will tell...

[P.S.: will you publish sources for your thin section list, too, Anne?]

Best regards,
Alex
Berlin/Germany