[meteorite-list] Sikhote Alin Help

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:10:20 -0400

Walter, Al & All,
Absolutely on the money, Walter (pun intended). Replace "someone" with "the
market" and it is dead on, given that the "someone" has to be moved to the
other end of the equation since "true value" is also in part a function of
what the owner is willing to accept in trade. In some cases there are
benchmarks to compare against, but at the end of the day every specimen and
case is at least slightly different -- particularly with larger specimens
for which there is a narrower potential market.
Dave