[meteorite-list] Re-2: Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - April 10, 2008

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 10 Apr 2008 15:45:25 UT

Hi Martin, Mike and all,

"How do I know this? Because the exact same picture
appears on page 188 with the presumed correct caption"

I concur. Bruderheim is a beautiful chondrite. My partially crusted
part slice (6.2 gr) also comes from Mike Farmer and it looks pretty
much like Mike B's with those "rusty halos".

As for the captions in RFS, it depends on the edition we have. The
1998 edition still has the wrong cption while everything is properly
rendered in the 2001 (hardcover) edition.

Cheers,

Bernd

To: freequarks at gmail.com
    SPACEROCKSINC at aol.com