[meteorite-list] European/US market comparison

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:13:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all -

>From what I can make of it from your comments, the
European collectors seem to buy high end specimens,
and Europe does not have the broad general market seen
here in the U.S.

Perhaps this may be ascribed to Barringer Crater and
Nininger's work there, supplemented with Bob Haag's
and other's more recent efforts.

What might lead to a broader European market? My guess
would be museum sales of inexpensive slices, and the
development of the existing craters in Europe as
tourist stops (Kali Jar in Estonia?).

good hunting all,
with hopes for more peaceful and prosperous times
ahead,
E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas