[meteorite-list] "How Do You Know It's A Meteorite"?

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 01:57:17 +0200

> Many have great scientific background, as selling hamburgers

I know a man, who once lost his work and income as a formerly employed physicist in a company, and started his own small business as a barbecue grill owner, with a small van and his own business name creation "EINSTEIN-Grill" on it! He still tours the smaller cities in the local area. It works for him. Why should this be a bad story?

Many of us know of a famous man in the meteorite scene who always has his hat on, and who is said to have started from an early career as a plumber. He can operate a microprobe now. Why should this be a bad story?

A crazy guy once sold space passports with always having a special suit on (was it silver color?). He did this, and became really famous as the "meteorite man" in the end. Why should this be a bad story?

An all time nice guy with big feelings for cats and meteorites once visited me at my home, showed me his meteorite treasures on the floor of my living room, and really looked for more to buy, with only a small pocket in those pre-NWA-days, and with the internet just at the doorstep. He is one of the big ones now. Why should this be a bad story?

What I want to say is this:

You should be a bit more careful with your thoughts about people, Armando. I don?t know what your real feelings are, but to me it sound a little bit disrespectful. Sorry, if I am wrong with this..

> Some can even say beer in german!

Yep, and that?s me!

Alex
Berlin/Germany