[meteorite-list] New, long, Carancas article II

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 15:04:31 -0500

Hi, Doug,

> to Schultz's credit, he has put
> a novel mechanism on the table...

Not only a novel mechanism but an unnecessary one.
This is just what Wild Bill Occam called "multiplying
entities without necessity."

And by your next Post, you'd noticed the gigantic Fly
in the Ointment when you asked:

> "Why don't other stony meteorites with
> TKW's over a ton do the same thing?"

In fact, there's a key word missing in that question:
"Why don't ALL other stony meteorites with TKW's
over a ton do the same thing?"

[Scribble, scribble...] If they all did, we would have
a Carancas-crater event roughly every three weeks.
(That's 170 fresh 10-meter craters since 1998.)

Sterling K. Webb