[meteorite-list] eBay Member Threats SCAM??

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:25:02 -0400

Dear List Members,

I have received threat emails from a Chinese eBayer (or at least his name)
and wanted to see if others are receiving these as well. I talked to my eBay
rep and he said this sounds like it may be a type of scam where they harass
you in order to get a response from you to get information. He said he has
not heard of one this bad and threatening before. He asked if I could see if
other meteorite eBayers have received the threats so he could open this
case.

Here is the threat from today from "gem*rock":
"good morning, it looks you works hard, it looks eBay is also important to
you like us, just a remind, after we stop to sell these meteorites which you
called suspect, if you still do harm to our business with our clients, you
will meet the worse problem, and if you do too absolutely to make us out of
business/eBay, only 50$ is enough to make you and yours. I will stop to sell
them, for us and for other sellers, regards, gem*rock"

I did not do a direct reply to this email as I did not know yet if it truly
originated from eBay and that is what we are trying to establish here. I
guess eBay can look up the email headers to see if they went through eBay,
and if so, boot these scumbags!

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Greg