[meteorite-list] Do Meteoroids "Skip"?

From: Anita D. Westlake <libawc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:42:58 -0400

I have a strange question for you...hopefully you can set me straight on
this!? Last night?I and two friends saw a bright light streaking in the
sky.? It had a tail on it, looking like a meteoroid.? The object was falling
to the ground, and it faded out rather high in the sky, but less than a
second later, and on the course, it appeared again looking like it did
before.? Did?we see a meteorite?? I have seen "shooting stars" before,?not
just one or two.? One night at my parents house (they lived in the
country)?there was?a shower that lasted hours.? It was beautiful but none of
the ones we watched "skipped" like this one did last night.? If it was just
me, I would have thought it was due to lack of sleep, but since my friends
saw it too, I know I didn't imagine it!? The question is do meteoroids
behave like this??
?
Thanks so much for you help!
?
Ginny

Hi Ginny! Good question. I?ll ask my meteorite list and get back to you.
I?ve never heard of them ?skipping? but then, I recently learned I don?t
know everything!
Anita