[meteorite-list] Congratulation to Tom Phillips!

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 17:45:33 -0400

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 16:47:05 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi Tom,
>
>I must admit, I am not into thin sections (yet) but I recognize art when I
>see it and science as well. You manage to combine both.

I actually like his "perfect chondrule" series and others listed on this page
much better than polarized-light photography of thin sections:

http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/features_list.htm

I've been looking at those photos a lot this past week while deciding to try to
do some reflected-light condrule micro images "on the cheap" with one of these:

http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/usb-digital-microscope-with-13-m-pixel-resolution-video-clips/