[meteorite-list] AD - Nininger **Coin

From: Rob Wesel <rob_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:23:57 -0700

Hello all-

For the past few months I have been working on a new **coin to commemorate
the life and work of Harvey Nininger.

Such a thing would not have been possible without the appreciated consent
and collaboration from Nininger's heirs Peggy Schaller and Gary Huss, who
were involved in every step from concept to production.

The front of the **coin bears the face of H.H. Nininger, as seen on the back
cover of Nininger's book Find A Falling Star, uncontested as the scientist
who brought meteoritics to the mainstream and leaving behind a legacy that
is unmatched.

The reverse shows the famous American Meteorite Museum on Highway 66 as seen
on page 222 of Find A Falling Star. Inset on the reverse is a piece of
Canyon Diablo meteorite.

The **coin set was limited to a run of only 300 so there are not many to go
around.

**Coin numbers 1-20, 100, 200, and 300 are reserved for a later time. Any
other lucky numbers are available and I will try to meet requests. I would
ask that you order a **coin with a request, knowing that I will do my best
but if it is gone you'll get a random draw. Orders of blocks of **coins can
get consecutive numbers.

For one week I am offering a discount from web pricing and **coins will be
$30 each.

Package price $55 for a CD/Nininger **coin and a SA/Krinov **coin.

U.S. Shipping $2 for one to two **coins $4 for more up to 2 pounds.

Foreign shipping $5 for one to two **coins, $12 for more up to 4 pounds.

I will be setting the meteorite pieces in the **coins to order, if you wish
to have no meteorite set in the **coin, so as you may use your own, just let
me know.

Canyon Diablo is one of the mainstay pieces in every collection. Large or
small, having one of these **coins sitting next to you collection piece will
add eye appeal and a deep sense of history.

We are pleased with the way these turned out, I hope you are too.

"Perhaps some of the wonder is gone for this new generation that stands on
the threshold of the sky, yet it seems to me that I have stood at the foot
of the sky while man has propelled and thrust himself and his machines into
its reaches, and my wonder has only increased. The sky stretches still into
new fields with paths in all directions."
Harvey Harlow Nininger.

Thanks for looking,

http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com/catalog/nincoin.htm
http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com/catalog/sacoin.htm

**While Nakhla Dog Meteorites acknowledges that a true coin must have legal
value authorized by a government and that this item may be more
appropriately considered a metal disc, round, token, slug, memento, pog,
marker or the like, we respectfully use the term "coin" because 95% of the
world would look at it and call it a coin thus making it a majority
criterion.

Rob Wesel
http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com