[meteorite-list] 1 kg Brahin pie slice.

From: Charles Viau <cviau_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 02:14:50 -0400

Just for the record, what is a 1kg pie-slice of Brahin worth today??? I
got it about 5 years ago from finmet when he was finding big pieces in the
Brahin strewnfield.

My collection has concentrated in smaller pieces below 500g as of this date,
and I would be interested in selling this piece to fund other small pieces
of rare types, but need an offer. The piece is pie-shaped, with fusion
crust on the outer shell as you would find orange colored rind on a piece of
Muenster cheese cut from a mold. Loaded with Olivine crystals and not
infected with the Lawrensite disease, since I soaked it in 100% alcohol for
a week after I received it, and then baked it in an oven for a day _at_350f ,
to get rid of any moisture. The info on how to preserve this stone came from
this very list and was absolutely effective.

Polished on 4 sides, it has not altered its appearance in the last 5 years.
Thanks List.

The olivine gems are green and brown and glisten in any environment that
this stone is displayed in.

Thanks
CharlyV

Checked by AVG Free Edition.