[meteorite-list] Andi's Recrystallized NWA iron

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2007 21:55:39 UT

Andi wrote:

"Mike Bandli, the slice is on hold for you"

Hello Andi, Mike and List,

Those interested in an iron that will be extremely difficult to classify
had better hurry because Andi is almost sold out. I am pleased I will
soon own #17 and I've been brooding tonight over Andi's pics and Ted
Bunch's preliminary description of that one-of-a-kind iron, its carbon
rosettes, its granular kamacite, its iron, nickel, cobalt, phosphorus and
Si contents.

I went through numerous Vagn Buchwald pages reading about and looking at
several pics of IIF irons trying to figure out what this new iron might be.
I re-read information about La Caille, but, ... nothing comes really close
to what this weird iron looks like. Can hardly wait to look at it under my
microscope and am eagerly waiting for final classification results from
Ted Bunch and other labs!

This iron is so weird that even Ted Bunch is not sure yet whether it should
be classified as a IAB, a IIF or a IIICD iron!

Best wishes,

Bernd