[meteorite-list] AD new NWA Iron Meteorite tkw just 726g

From: andi at meteoritenhaus.de <andi_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:20:10 +0200 (MEST)

Dear List ,

 For the collectors of rare and strange iron Meteorites, I would like to offer some slices of a new NWA iron meteorite.

 The surface looks very unusual as a result of recrystallising. Also some strange arrangements of Graphite are visible, like small flowers.

 The Meteorite is still under classification, here are the first results I received from Ted Bunch .

 www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron.doc

 here are the referred pictures:
www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/Gren_iron.jpg
www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/Gren_iron_1.jpg

a picture of the mainmass:
www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron_main.jpg

 and a picture of a raw backside from one slice, showing the Graphite inclusions.
www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron_back.jpg

 so finally, here are the offered slices:

 www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron_13.jpg

www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron_14.jpg

www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron_15.jpg

www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron_16.jpg

www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron_17.jpg

www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron_18.jpg

www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron_19.jpg

www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron_20.jpg

www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron_3.jpg

www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron_4.jpg

www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron_5.jpg

www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA_Iron_12.jpg

This is all what is available at the moment, half of the Meteorite belongs to a private collector, who will not sell in the next years.

Thanks

Best regards
Andi

Meteoritenhaus