[meteorite-list] Peru crater-- maybe some iron

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 22:19:29 -0700 (PDT)

 Still unclear is why scores of residents
> reported falling ill shortly
> after the crater's discovery, but researchers say it
> could have been psychosomatic.

In one report I read that this event excavated several
carcasses of live stock which had been buried on the
very spot. Havening been there done that I can assue
you that it can make one ill.

As to the "iron" discovery this is inconsistent with
the type of objects I saw a native picking up on one
of the videos. So why couldn't one of the film crews
show us a close up?

As to the pebble rain well this does sound classic yet
so far as we know, no one reported holes in their
houses.

Finally as to all these professionals evaluating the
site, yet again the media assumes that they are
qualified to identify meteorites simply on the basis
of loose association--well it came from the sky didn't
it? and youze guys are sky experts right?

Nite nite,
Elton