[meteorite-list] Mars Odyssey Finds Possible Cave Skylights onMars

From: Dan Wray <dwray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:18:35 -0600

Darren,

What we are talking about here are most likely lava tubes. These cave like
structures can run for miles and be quite large and complicated. When the
surface is too near, the tube collapses, creating windows, or if you are in
the cave, skylights. Relax, this is a perfectly good description.

Dan Wray
Astrocaver
NSS