[meteorite-list] Mars Odyssey Finds Possible Cave Skylights on Mars

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:12:11 -0400

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:45:26 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>Using Mars Odyssey's infrared camera to check the daytime and nighttime
>temperatures of the circles, scientists concluded that they could be
>windows into underground spaces.

>A report of the discovery of the possible cave skylights by Cushing and
>his co-authors was published online recently by the journal Geophysical
>Research Letters.

Oh, god. Thanks a lot, NASA, for using terms like "windows". How stupid are
you? Hand-feeding conspiracy nuts, who now for decades to come we'll be hearing
taling about the underground rooms and their windows, left by the Martians.
Couldn't you have TRIED to use less anthropomorphic terms? Shesh....