[meteorite-list] Do Meteorites, Music and Humor go together?

From: debfred at att.net <debfred_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 04:19:38 +0000

Yes they do! Nice job Ruben,
Years ago I taught geology in a Florida College and told the students about heat (expanding) and cold (shrinking) and breaking the rocks as a force of weathering. Then I learned of an experiment where they took rocks and put them through thousands of hot/ cold - freeze/ thaw cycles. Guess what? No change without water. Water is the key! just leave your car engine without antifreeze on a freezing night to demonstrate the power of freezing water. I have seen this in the Franconia strewnfield where a granite cobble is fractured into many pieces after thousands of years. It is a conspirecy you know. What happens when a cold front comes through? It often rains first, then it freezes and the meteorites go POP. Keep on Rocking and Rolling!
Regards, Fred Olsen, Denver

From: Ruben Garcia <meteoritemall at yahoo.com>