[meteorite-list] Experts Skeptical of Peruvian Meteorite Impact

From: Walter Branch <waltbranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:17:14 -0400

Hello List,

Why would someone from JPL be interviewed about meteorites? I respect Ron
Baalke, who I believe is a software engineer and probably knows more about
meteorites then anyone , but JPL has nothing to do with meteorites. They
are tasked with the responsibility of planning and administering solar
system exploration via robotic missions.

Or so I thought.

As an aside,at my undergraduate school, I had a professor of Astronomy who
once worked at the Jet "Propeller" Laboratory, according to information from
the school.

What a hoot! I used to kid him about that.

Maybe I am wrong. Is there a group at JPL/Caltech who studies meteorites?
Ron?

-Walter Branch