[meteorite-list] Mystery illness strikes after meteorite hits Peruvian village

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:44:35 -0700 (PDT)

I am out of the country right now, on another
extremely successful meteorite hunt. I will be home in
a couple of days. We saw this video last night, and
are torn between a meteorite fall and a volcanic
event. This crap about the village being sick and cops
needing oxygen makes me really leary. Perhaps the
Peruvian airforce dropped a bomb by mistake. Either
way, if it is a meteorite, it is huge and in the
middle of nowhere, so I will gladly let someone else
play with that mess.
On another note, I got a not to veiled threat from
that idiot Randall Gregory who lives in Peru inviting
me down. I guess his meteorite crater farm down there
has not been as lucrative as he thought it would be.
Michael Farmer

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070918/sc_afp/peruhealthoffbeat