[meteorite-list] Mysterious Shaking Felt in California

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:48:58 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.ksby.com/Global/story.asp?S=7089055

Mysterious shaking along Central Coast
Reported by: Carina Corral
KSBY 6 Action News
September 17, 2007

If you felt a mysterious shaking this morning, you are not alone.

Folks in the Five Cities Area called our newsroom early this morning
reporting they felt an earthquake. Turns out, people as far away as
Santa Maria to Los Osos also felt shaking.

One San Luis Obispo woman tells us she saw her windows shake three times
about five minutes apart.

"It really shook, and I though we're having an earthquake, but nothing
else was shaking. So I don't know. Just the windows? Just the windows,"
said Clarice Bell of San Luis Obispo.

The U.S. Geological Survey is not reporting any earthquakes in our area.

Today's shaking is consistent with past sonic booms. Action News
contacted several military bases across the region but none would
confirm that that was the cause this morning.