[meteorite-list] AD: Anybody want Ureilite cheap - wont cut

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:36:09 -0700 (PDT)

Its going to cost thousands of dollars in saw blades
to chop this up.
I used up a saw blade making the little less than an
inch piece shown in the third photo, then banged it a
few times with a miners hammer (Didnt break on the
first try) to break the partially cut rock and now I
have a 14 gram piece for my efforts (And a useless saw
blade that has seen less than a minute of use). You
can see the rest of the cut mark to the right in the
first photo. It will take another saw blade just to
get enough to send for classification. See photos
here: One side crusted and even a couple light
thumbprints.
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/ureilite301.jpg
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/ureilite302.jpg
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/ureilite303.jpg
Over a Kilo at 1190 grams is a big Ureilite. Maybe
even a museum might be interested.
If anybody is interested at $4 a gram let me know
Cheers
DEAN