[meteorite-list] HOW TO CUT UREILITES?

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 17:13:32 -0700 (PDT)

--- David <bobadebt at ec.rr.com> wrote:
<<< I can't say for sure but I bet my saw wouldn't
have
a problem with them. After all I can cut the hardest
irons with little effort and most condrites cut like
butter. However, my blade is .060 thick so cut loss
would be greater. >>>

 te he he-- I am skeptical, David--Blade loss would be
greater don't you mean? Be it remembered that
ureilites are chock full with nano diamonds? Seems to
me that is a war of attrition with the diamonds.
While the blade is cutting the Ureilite the Ureilite
is cutting the blade; metal,diamond and, all.

Hello Dave,btw I'd not had the pleasure of snipping
you until now. Consider yourself snipped-- welcome to
the clan.

Elton