[meteorite-list] Monthly Favourite - September 2007

From: ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 23:16:47 +0100

Hi Bernd/all,

NWA 3118 is also one of my favourite purchases...very colourful....but
my recent 146g carbonacious end cut from Dean is a stunner...I still
have to get some good shots of it and spend more time with it under the
microscope...but it too is crammed tight with chondrules of all colours
and sizes. It has a CAI measuring 10mm x 12mm which also appears to
travel through from the cut surface to the rear outer thunbprinted
surface about the same distance. There are another 4 CAIs over 5mm and a
strange mid grey oval inclusion about 12mm long and almost featureless
(not sure what it is).

I will try and get some detailed shots of it. It features on Deans main
website page (bottom left)

http://www.meteoriteshop.com/index.html

All the best,

Graham Ensor Nr Barwell UK