[meteorite-list] HOW TO CUT UREILITES?

From: PolandMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 11:23:59 +0200

> Can somebody tell me what type of saw blade they use
> to cut ureilites? Pro slicer and those meteorite
> blades dont work. I get more headway cutting campos
> than I do with this thing.
> Cheers
> DEAN

Dean, I have cut my urelite using cheap diamond blade 0.3mm. I have use one
blade to cut 3 slices. This take around a hour to cut each slice 4x4cm. You
only need a patience and good equipment. My specimen was ultra hard, thats
why I have not cut more slices. This can be faster maybe if I will use new
blade every 10 minutes but this will be big waste of blades. All will be
killed very fast.
Anyone have better idea how to cut very hard urelites ?

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin at meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin at polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195