[meteorite-list] Meteorite presentation.

From: ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 12:09:28 +0100

Request for powerpoint resource to promote meteoritics:

Hi All,

Thanks to all who answered to my call for help with my rusty
Gubja...this list is a fantastic resource. I just wish I was able to
give as much back as I have gained from it. As I am an an artist and not
a scientist I am afraid I will always be a 'student' in meteoritics. I
collect meteorites more for aesthetic reasons and that thrill you get
when holding something that came into existence at the birth of our
solar system.....but have always been interested in Astronomy...even
helping to build the observatory for our local Astronomy Society.

To the point....I am afraid I'm asking for help again!

My society has asked me to do a presentation about meteorites. I have
plenty of examples to take and show from my collection but want to also
do a slide show or powerpoint presentation showing the background behind
the subject covering some history, science, classification, where to buy
and so on....with a few things thrown in to spice it up...perhaps
accounts of some of your hunting adventures etc.

/*So this is perhaps a rather cheeky request for help from any of you
who have given such talks or lectures and would'nt mind sharing a
powerpoint presentation or similar or know of any resource where I could
get one as a starting point.*
/
My last presentation to the society was about the 2002 eclipse I saw in
Ceduna, Australia and was greatly helped by an eclipse powerpoint file
from Dr. Peter Anderson of the University of Queensland whom I met
there. I am a very disorganized person and his file made all the
difference. I am at even more of a loss at were to start with
meteoritics as it is such a wide and complex area.

Of course any help would be credited in the presentation.

Regards

Graham Ensor, Nr Barwell, Uk