[meteorite-list] ORIENTED SIKOTE-ALIN

From: bobe5531 at comcast.net <bobe5531_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:09:15 +0000

Oh come on Steve,
Orientation has absolutely nothing to do with an persons interpretation.
Orientation will have obvious proof that the meteorite maintained a stable flight for a significant duration of its descent.
Sorry flow lines dont cut it. Last time I was at the Tucson show and that one guy had like 3000 SA individuals for sale, I could find a flow line on every piece that I Iooked at. Were they all oriented ??
Honestly, I dont care what you call the piece.
The only thing that pisses me off is when I buy a piece labeled oriented and it really isnt.
Yes that has happened before cause some ebay auctions dont have the best photos.
From: steve arnold <stevenarnold60120 at yahoo.com>