[meteorite-list] Follow up on Erg Chech

From: Dr. Svend Buhl <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 23:24:50 +0100

Our kind and valued list member Aziz Habibi just informed me that according
to his sources the new material from Mali is not connected with the Adrar
event in 2006 but is from a fall in July 2007 at Chergach in the Erg Chech.
No exact date of this fall could yet be established, but research for eye
wittnesses and an exact determination of the fall location are under way.
Material from the Adrar event, which is confirmed as well according to A.
Habibi and A. Alhyane, is supposed to be under classification as well. So
any compositional differences or similarities of the two meteorites should
be confirmed when results are published.

I also want to express my deepest sympathy for Ouled Beliela who was killed
in an accident on his return from the Chergach strewn field in Mali. Much
knowledge and passion for the rocks that we all chase will be lost with him.

Svend

www.niger-meteorite-recon.de