[meteorite-list] [AD] eBay: Steve Arnold Imilac, Sikhote Shield, Historic Odessa, More . . .

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:03:00 -0700

Dear Listees:

Greetings all. We have some eBay goodies ending tomorrow evening,
Sunday, but first:

Congrats to Steve on his excellent feature in the "L.A. Times" today. I
met Nick Riccardi, the journalist, in Denver. Very nice guy, and isn't
it a treat to read an accurate and factual article about meteorite
hunting for a change?

I didn't plan it this way, but I have a small and fascinating Imilac
"skeleton" with desert-weathered orange olivine crystals on eBay, which
Steve and I found on our 1997 Chile expedition. Only 99 cents? What a
bargain:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170161419147

A particularly nice, bright orange Henbury with some thumbprinting,
15.6 grams:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170161423733

Super-cool textbook oriented Sikhote-Alin shield with rollover lip:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170161421281

Historic Carl Schelf Odessa individual at only 8 cents/gram:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170161414602

Everything will go into somebody's collection tomorrow at dinner time
(Pacific Time), no reserves.

The whole caboodle:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaerolitemeteorites

Thanks for looking,