[meteorite-list] Holmes [17P], continued

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:57:52 -0600

Big- over 10 arcmin across. More comet-like than the previous nights.
I'm not seeing much color tonight, and it seems a little less bright to
the naked eye, but that may because the air isn't as transparent, and
the Moon is really interfering. We have clouds rolling in, so I won't be
doing much more tonight. I did get a series of images which I've
analyzed and added to my report,
http://www.cloudbait.com/gallery/comet/holmes.html. The nucleus is
clearly not at the center of the coma- I'm not sure if this is a sign of
tail formation, or possibly some breakup.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com