[meteorite-list] Great picture that summarizes Peru'sscientific minds.

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:02:06 -0700

Hola All,
The trouble with this fellow's logic is namely that he appears to
believe that the study of weathering effects on meteorites is more
important than the study of what is (at this point, probably 'was')
likely the largest fresh sample of the remnants of a solar nebula
currently on the planet...
If you'd like to study weathering effects on anything, go buy a
Juancheng, Amgala, Mali, etc - something of which there's a lot about
and available for study. There's simply no reason to destroy such a
unique and scientifically important sample...merely to see how quickly
it becomes destroyed, especially when such a meager amount has made it
into scientific hands, never mind those of anyone else.

To be perfectly frank, I wouldn't put a Rembrandt out in the rain for
a study regarding how quickly paint weathers outdoors...I daresay you
wouldn't either.

With regards to rock splitting and your statement: "We take our
technologies for granted, but when do we ever try for
ourselves?"
I don't know about you, but I haven't used an arrowhead in...well,
ever. Interesting statement, but a nonsequiter. Nice try at changing
the subject...

Why don't you stop being so damn contrary just for the hell of it -
it's obvious what you're doing, "Thaddeus." If you have a bone to
pick with Michael, whoever you really are, keep it off-list, please.
It's not giving anyone anything remotely close to useful information.

Jason