[meteorite-list] Lodranite vs ACAP

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:33:22 -0400

Dear List,

Not trying to put a damper on the flowing champagne, but I am hearing
conflicting thoughts from different scientists regarding the "rules" of
whether a meteorite should be classified as an ACAP or a Lodranite. I know
it is grain size, but this is where I am hearing different references.

Does anyone, Jeff Grossman, Bernd, or others have scientific documents that
are accepted by the NomCom that clearly show the rules and guidelines? The
more the better to see if there are discrepancies in what has been adopted.

What is the average grain size for the ACAP grouping being discussed:
>NWA 2656
>NWA 2699
>NWA 2714
>NWA 2866
>NWA 2871
>NWA 2989
>NWA 4399
>and others.

Thank you for any light that can be shed on this subject.

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection