[meteorite-list] Peru news - finders keepers

From: Thaddeus Besedin <endophasy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 02:44:42 -0700 (PDT)

Just because something lands on "your" land doesn't
mean you "own" it. What if luggage containing money
came out of the sky, creating a crater, from an
airplane that exploded in mid-air? Would I "own" the
money? What if I found a human burial while digging a
pool. Would I own the skull? You make us all look like
collaborators with looters and traffickers. This legal
stalemate itself is the problem. The Peruvian
government is not going to put it on ebay, you know;
what a waste, you must think. National patrimony
should not be sold.
-Thaddeus