[meteorite-list] 34g Millbillillie and historic Texas fall - AD

From: info at niger-meteorite-recon.de <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:18:06 +0200

in order to refinance some past acquisitions that turned out to be much more cost-intensive than expected we would like to point you to a selection of meteorites currently uploaded for auction.

Among them a glossy crusted 34gm Millbillilie which I really regret to let go. But I am sure someone alse will enjoy the pleasure of curating this specimen as much as I did.

The 11gm slice of the Kendleton meteorite comes with a large size reprint of "La Tribuna Illustrata" cover from May 21st 1939. The watercolored drawing done by artist Vittorio Pisani shows a Houston street scene whith a crowd terrified by the spectacular fireball of the Kendleton bolide traversing the sky. Both the contemporary magazine cover and the meteorite itself make a museum grade display unit:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwerffroenne

Thank you for your interest

Svend

--