[meteorite-list] Names and synonyms (was ...Mali or Argelia...)

From: Jeff Grossman <jgrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 21:11:41 -0400

Nothing will happen to the old names. Because
the NWA specimens have no location information,
they generally cannot be officially paired with a
named meteorite, according to the rules. If, in
an extraordinary case, the nomcom decided to
establish such a pairing, it has to option of
abolishing the NWA name (which, in reality, would
demote it to the status of synonym).

jeff