[meteorite-list] ...Mail or Algeria...

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:37:12 EDT

In a message dated 10/22/2007 2:46:01 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
mexicodoug at aol.com writes:
Hello, Anne, Greg, List (old message that didn't post properly, sort of a
'synonym' superceded by my post to Martin),

Anne, I must disagree. A synonym in biology is "A scientific name of an
organism or of a taxonomic group that has been superseded by another name at
the same rank.". While you may be thinking about the non-scientific
"synonym", or the type of synonym used in botany which leaves room for
interpretation in classification, I expect the NomCom has a steadfast
policy.

Hello Doug,

(your first email did come thru).

In a much, much simpler way, I am saying that the synonym (or alternative
name) does exist, it is known and even recorded in a official site / document.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
Vice-President, I.M.C.A. Inc.