[meteorite-list] Unusual (a)chondrites ?

From: PolandMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 02:18:31 +0200

Hello List
Tooday I have cut some of my new eucrites for samples to thin sections. I
always like to know what I have, but this time little stones make me fool
again. I ask You for help, to recognize what this little suc**** are. Since
they are very small, I think that make classification is not a good idea if
they are chondrites only.

To be honest, when I look at them I know, they must be chondrites, there is
no other possibility, but from the other side, one part of me telling me
that maybe they are achondrites ? I just cant decide myself.

First one is nice fresh specimen that I was sure its eucrite. It looks very
similar to other eucrites I received. Only one thing make me think about it.
It was magnetic like normall L chondrite. So when I cut this specimen it
still look like eucrite except high content of iron, yes like L chondrite. I
dont know, really.
My idea is L or LL6 highly shocked/brecciated chondrite or eucrite with lots
of iron.
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/1a.JPG
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/1b.JPG
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/1c.JPG
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/1d.JPG

Second one was more strange than first one. From outside crust was sand
blasted. On broken surface if looks like CO and smell like best perfumes
(amazing smell). After first cut's the only idea I got is that I have
howardite. Yes right, all its correct except this iron. Again there was too
much iron for achondrite, so this must be chondrite, but...... I not feel
confident about this.
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/2a.JPG
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/2b.JPG
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/2c.JPG
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/2d.JPG

What is your opinion, please help me decide :)

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin at meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin at polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195