[meteorite-list] Meteorites are not boring.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 20:20:34 -0700 (PDT)

Adam, the next time one of your meteorites is on
MSNBC, I am willing to bet you will advertise it.
And by the way, there was plenty of new information in
that same post you are crying about, like for example
the classification, which I am sure about 100 people
who have bought pieces were interested in.
Michael Farmer

So feel free to delete. By the way, why would you say
crater more than 40 feet across is an impact pit? What
size do you feel makes a crater?

Check out this dictionary definition of crater, try #2
and tell me that Carancas does no apply. You will
certainly be in the minority who do not want to call
this a crater.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/crater

cra?ter /&#712;kre&#618;t&#601;r/ Pronunciation
Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[krey-ter]
Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun,
genitive Cra?te?ris
/kre&#618;&#712;t&#618;&#601;r&#618;s/ Pronunciation
Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[krey-teer-is]
Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation for 9, verb

?noun 1. the cup-shaped depression or cavity on the
surface of the earth or other heavenly body marking
the orifice of a volcano.
2. Also called impact crater, meteorite crater. (on
the surface of the earth, moon, etc.) a bowl-shaped
depression with a raised rim, formed by the impact of
a meteoroid. Compare astrobleme.
3. Astronomy. (on the surface of the moon) a circular
or almost circular area having a depressed floor,
almost always containing a central mountain and
usually completely enclosed by walls that are often
higher than those of a walled plain; ring formation;
ring. Compare walled plain.
4. the bowllike orifice of a geyser.
5. the hole or pit in the ground where a bomb, shell,
or military mine has exploded.

Michael Farmer